Choosing the Right Catechetical Program
The responsibility of choosing a catechetical program for your parish or school is a challenging task. The question before you is - What catechetical text should we use?
The following steps will guide you through the overall process to:
- Evaluate the catechetical programs currently available or in use.
- Select the most appropriate program for use in your parish and/or school, and
- Recommend a religion program to the pastor.
- Plan the agenda for the committee in-service meeting
- 1 wk
- Conduct a committee in-service meeting
- 2 - 3 hours
- Chairperson & Committee Members
- Form B (to distribute) Form C (PDF)*
- Review assigned text material
- 2 - 4 wks
- Committee Members
- Form C (PDF)*
- Plan for the discernment meeting agenda
- 1 wk