How does your parish support married couples? How does it embrace those who are separated or divorced?
Scene 1: The Lord God creates various animals and birds as potential partners for the man.
Scene 2: The Lord God creates the first woman from the body of the man and presents her to the man as a suitable partner.
Display your work in a cental place.
Interviewing Marriage PartnersChoose a married couple to interview in your extended family or your parish. The purpose of the interview is to gather stories and advice about how to build a lasting marriage. If possible, tape record or video tape the interview.
You may want to use these "starter" questions:
1) How long have you been married?
2) What do you like best about your partner?
3) What is one of your happiest memories that you share with your partner?
4) How have you worked out what it means to be equal partners?
5) What difference does your faith make in your marriage?
Share the interview results with the class. Together compile a summary of what you have learned about a lasting marriage from these interviews.